Monday 6 March 2017

Final Papercraft

Here I come...

Ok so this productive evening with the students, I learned how to progress my project further than before. We decided to make it fold-able to be put into a little paper condom package.. Here are some examples of how I might do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUyTAgTHmwE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2yPeqAjahg

So now that I have an idea on how to do that. Let's start prototyping!

My first step was to start measuring. This was the fun part.


Here are a bunch of pics of the work I had to put in to this prototype. A lot too much to actually recall, what they were for.










































Damn none of these worked, but thanks to the laser cutter we got through that pretty quick.

So I came up with a way of building it in a folded state. At this point I thought I was way over my head. Guess what design worked best for the folded state.


Shape 1


Shape 2

Shape 3

Shape 4

That is right absolutely correct!  None of them :I

So I had to restart the design completely, one that would work in levels instead of curves.

This is how I used a paper clip to glue the tabs.


This was the top pouch, I believe it took over an hour to make



I found this terribly difficult.


I really screw'd up here when I glued the previous pictures cut upside down, I had to cut the ends off and use the spare.

Complete! Sadly I did not have time to finish the package. But I think it communicates condom, and fulfills it's purpose.


GIF







No comments:

Post a Comment