Monday 13 February 2017

Papercraft Research


    PAPER CRAFT RESEARCH
Vincent Tomczyk

The artist, Vincent Tomczyk, sorry it keeps trying to auto correct his name as Tomcat, I thought would be funny to mention, I may be wrong. Anyway this artist makes the everyday product of paper seemingly look like usual household objects. With many years of experience in the area of craft, he can almost make any item seamlessly look like it could not be so delicate. The artworks are often placed as if ready to be enjoyed, plus have the wear and tear as if it had been thor ough ly enjoyed. Sometimes enjoyed too much, of course I am looking at the jean shorts. Those jean shorts are one of those fashion faux pas that should have been forgotten with the rest of history(not proven).



His work as I understand it is a way of giving the ordinary person, a chance to look at everything in a new way. As if you were an old timer slowly floating through life with a lack of any absolute certainty, because it is constantly getting ripped away, "AAAGNNNUUUSSSS, I swore to god I thought it was a shirt." "Well Earl you got to stop trying on shirts at galleries. We lose more priceless paper objects that way," Seriously please make me stop, my jokes are even pissing me off.


Image result for Vincent Tomczyk

Perfect last paragraph. I would like to live by this artists example and take an everyday object, and recreate a likeliness out of paper. The only difference is I would still like it to be in some way functional. I love movement in my work but the use of paper is really intriguing. As our instructor put it, if you can make it out of paper you could most likely make it out of anything that is also a flats surface. This could be some of the most important steps in my work if that is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment